Thursday, September 8, 2011

First Day of Preschool





Moments I want to remember from Archer's first day of school


I woke up the sleepy head to get him dressed in his new Batman shirt, and as he stood up to give me a hug, he said, "I love you so much my dear."

After refusing to brush his teeth, we talked about making his breath smell clean, and I talked him into it:-)

He inspected the contents of his lunchbox - and approved.

I asked him what he will do at preschool today, and he said "learn."

He posed for pictures, with no protesting (a rarity).

We called Grandma so she could come see him all ready to go for school. Grandpa was a the store, but Archer called him on the way to tell him he was driving to preschool.

Memaw, Archer, Elle, and I went to Bill Miller for breakfast (Archer's favorite). He got maple syrup all over the new Batman shirt.

At Bill Miller he sang about preschool, "what time is it, what time is it, is it time to go to preschool? oh yes yes yes, oh yes yes yes, it is time to go to preschool." He informed us he was ready to go, and got down from the table.

I told him I wanted to take his picture in front of school, and he wanted his picture in front of the dinosaur.

When Miss Theresa opened the door he was first at the top of the stairs, then hesitated a bit. I kissed him, and he kissed my elbow. I walked him in, and Miss Theresa had him put his bucket by the door, and asked him to put his lunchbox inside. He told her, "But I'm hungry!" She assured him so sweetly that lunch would be here pretty soon. I think he would have walked right in the class after that, but I kissed him again, and then he started to cling to me. Miss Theresa steered him to the class room, and I walked out the door.

It felt funny to be driving off with Mom and Elle, and leaving him there, but I think he will really like it. I didn't shed any tears today, but I did earlier this week!

On the way home, I told Elle (who is now begging to go to preschool) that she will go with Memaw to pick up Archer from preschool today. She said, "I don't want to pick up Archer, he's too heavy!"


No comments: