Friday, February 14, 2014

This Day

this day I am grateful
that 11 years ago
you asked me to be your
wife.  that horse and carriage
ride was magical, and I still
don't know how you pulled
off surprising me.

this day I am grateful for
the last 11 years (and the 6 before)
ups, downs,
- grace and love.

this day I am grateful that
I get to see your love for our
kids expressed so fully.
you teach them what's
true and right. how joy                                                                                
is important, and how
giving and living
in Him -is how you
experience it. you teach
them to sing, to forgive,
to laugh, and to love.

this day I am grateful
to have you in my life,
you are a teacher, a
story teller, an
amazing encourager
you encourage
dreams, you dare others
to feel joy, and to risk
the reward that comes
from vulnerability. you
are an incredible
friend to many.

this day I am grateful
to live life with you.
Happy engagement
day - I love you.










   




No comments: