Friday, May 29, 2009

Words

Archer continues to surprise us with new words....
here are several that make me smile:-)
"Ididit" = I did it. (first heard on our trip back home from Corpus Christi on Memorial Day--when he was finally strong enough to push the belly of his toy dog and make it bark)
"Catchit" = Catch it. (as he was throwing me a ball)
"Flowa" = Flower. (referring to the dandelions in our backyard)
"Fries" and "Chikn" = Fries and Chicken. (imitating what he heard the narrator say on a Whataburger commercial)
"Cado" = Avacado. (new as of dinner last night)
"Oongoongoon" = Banana (a favorite snack)
"Beans" = Beans. (He has this word down, and this is one of his favorite meals)
"Nana" = Athena. (Currently one of his favorite people in the world:-)
"DruDru" = Drew. (Another favorite.)
"Meme" = Mommy. I've gone from "mama" to "me" to "meme". He did say mommy a couple of times a few days ago.
"Meeeee" = Please.
A cute moment from last night (as I was changing his diaper)...he said, "Dada," pause..."Meme," pause....then "Baby." When I ask him where the baby is...he points to my belly.
Speaking of baby, only 10 more weeks to go!

No comments: