Monday, August 24, 2009

Reflux

We went to see the doctor this morning--Elle's been having some "episodes" the past few days where she makes a gulping sound, and then stops breathing for a few seconds when she is sleeping.

She starts breathing again really quickly--so quickly that I was wondering if I was imagining the pause...but then Dan saw/heard it this weekend too.

We think she has reflux, but will be having an Upper GI Xray tomorrow, just to check her anatomy, etc.

The likely course of treatment? Zantac.

Hoping that takes care of the issue! I'll update when we know more.

On a weight gain note--born at 6lbs 7oz 18.5 inches tall, 5 day appt (to check jaundice levels again) 6lbs 8oz, 2 week appt 7lbs 7oz 19 inches tall, and today 8lbs 8oz! She is growing fast.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

We have reflux too! Waiting on insurance to approve our prevacid. Hope everything goes well tomorrow and the zantac works quickly!