We spent the evening at the emergency veterinarian last night. Stormy would not eat yesterday (and this is our big 70 pound dog who never misses a meal)--even when I offered her a piece of salami. She started vomiting as well, and was acting sad.
Since she likes to eat everything--even things that should not be edible, we started with X-rays. The x-rays indicated a linear obstruction--something long had wound around her intestines--causing a very dangerous situation.
I received the call at 2:45am--she was out of surgery, and that the blockage was due to a men's dress sock. She is at our regular vet recovering--she is scared and in a lot of pain.
And that is the story of the VERY expensive sock.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Awww, sorry to hear that Tara, but I'm glad she's ok. Having spent a fortune at the vet the past couple of years, I can really sympathize. At least Stormy had better results than poor Callie did.
Oh no! Hope she is better soon!
Oh no! That's horrible! I'm glad she's doing better! Maybe pet insurance is in your future? :-)
poor thing! I think the McNabb's have the same story =) Glad she is on her way to recovery
I shouldn't laugh, but ours chuckled. Ours at a CD, shattered it and got lodged in the stomach. You'll laugh about this many years from now.
Post a Comment