Monday, April 12, 2010

The B-I-B-L-E


Yesterday, Elle went to the nursery for the first time at church.

According to my mom she did just great! I didn't get paged at all, so she must have been having enough fun to not think about eating:-)

We went to Firehouse Subs yesterday for lunch (Archer loves the firehats;-), and I asked Archer what he learned in class...this is what he said:

"The B-I-B-L-E, that's the book for me, I stand alone...and then the book and the clock, and I said prayer DEAR GOD, thank you for you, you, you, you, you, you and me!"

That is the longest answer I've received to date--and it was precious. He kept telling us the same prayer, and pointed at me, Jay, Frankie, and Dan as he was saying the "yous." Very sweet.

Another note on Archer's prayers recently, he prays this for Grandpa (on his own), "for gampa's owies so he can pick me up and carry me."

We are so blessed by the kind, loving, compassionate teachers at our church. I love how much they love our kiddos--teaching them the heart of Jesus--by example!

My son whispered a prayer today
in the quiet of his room
"Tatu for mommy, daddy,"
and my book Good Night Moon.

He started out so quietly,
listing each person he loved-
and his voice got louder each name
he uttered to his Father above.

As I watched his sweet face,
expressing so much love and joy-
my mind wandered back over two years,
and to those who love our boy.

Each nursery worker who taught him
the songs about Jesus,
about the love from One so good and pure
that His grace frees us.

Each bible class teacher
who guides his precious hand
through the Bible stories,
and tries to help him understand.

Each member of our family (by Christ and by birth)
who loved him before he was born,
who crafted, shopped, planned
and prayed for our first born.

Each dear sweet friend who has
covered him with love and snuggles
for those who say, "let us know if we can help,"
we are here through fun and struggles.

For his precious grandparents, who've
taught him of Christ from the start-
by examples of love and faith-
and singing Bible songs from the heart.

Each teacher, family member and friend,
has placed an imprint on his heart-
and I am so grateful to each of them
as his journey to Christ starts.

I interrupt the whispered prayer,
thanking God for my 2 year old;
and for those who so lovingly
help us with this clay to mold.

3 comments:

The Young Family said...

OK, this is the third time I've cried today. I must be highly emotional!

Elisabeth said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that poem! Did you write it?

Tara said...

Elisabeth, yes I did:-) Thanks so much!