Monday, March 19, 2012

Sibling Love

11.2011

I love
how my kids
love each other.
***
Yes, they bicker
and smack each
other.
I've been assured
this is normal
(I don't have a
sibling close in
age, so at
first I was
concerned).
***
More often?
They help each
other.
Teach each
other.
Play games with
each other.
Imagine
and pretend
with each other.
Love each
other.
***
My mom and Athena
took them to the museum
the other day.
There is a new play structure
there - high and lots of
climbing to get to the top.
They said Archer would
tell Elle, "Now put
your foot on the red one,
then the yellow one..."
instructing her how
to follow him up.
When they climbed back down?
He told people to
move over, because
his baby needed
to climb down.
***
When one is upset -
often the other will
sing to try to cheer
them up - or
ask "are you okay?"
***
So thankful
for this
sibling
love.
It makes
my heart smile.

No comments: