I finished reading Daring Greatly by Brene Brown last night. I highly recommend it. I'm going to reread it, to try to let it really sink in - hard topics like vulnerability, shame, guilt, and thinking of ourselves as who we are, not what we do. It talks about how we must be kinder to ourselves (self talk) in order to really DARE GREATLY and offer all we have to others.
“Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. Truth and courage aren't always comfortable, but they're never weakness.”
― Brené Brown, Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead
It's definitely worth the read.
I'm grateful to Mark for introducing me to Brene's work through her TED talks. You can find the links below.




1 comment:
I haven't had the chance to read it yet but have you seen her Super Soul Sunday episodes on OWN? You can see them online at Oprah's website, too. Life changing for me.
Steph
Post a Comment