Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Yippee!

Just had to share a small victory....

Last night Archer slept for NINE hours in his bed--that's right, I said NINE hours--9 in a row. Wow!

And, he woke up smiling and hungry (as opposed to crying and hungry).

Is mommy feeling refreshed? A bit, but mommy did NOT sleep NINE hours in a row, because she had to get up every couple of hours to make sure Archer was ok:-)

Mommy is hoping:
1) That this was not a fluke, and that it can continue
2) That she can learn to trust that Archer is ok, and not get up to check his breathing when he sleeps for a long time (moms, dads, is this possible?)

Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Congrats!! I do hope it continues for you!! Hudson has never been a good sleeper - still isn't - but we're hoping! And it does get easier to keep sleeping... eventually - I am just getting to the point where I can sleep really soundly for the stretches of time that he sleeps.

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Archer! If he makes this a routine then you too will start sleeping. However, every time he changes his routine and sleeps longer you will probably get up. I know that if Skyler sleeps late I still go in and check on her. Hope he keeps it up!

The Young Family said...

He's finally catching up!! Landry has been doing that for months!!! Although the first month I slept with one eye open, too!!!