As a Christian, I know our ultimate joy and hope is in Him.
However, in this time of grieving it is easy to focus on the sadness and pain.
My (small) goal for today? Finding Joy in the "ordinary" or "everyday."
Here is my list--and the day is not over yet!
- the sleepy smile from my baby boy this morning as he was trying to wake up
- walking across the backyard to take Archer to Memaw's house for the day--getting to visit with my mom and grandmother for a bit...and finding out the wound on my grandmother's leg has finally healed (she has had wound care home health for months!)
- having Wulfy keep me company while I work
- eating lunch wtih my hubby at Whataburger
- e-mails, calls, texts, and cards checking on me--from my wonderful friends (thank you, by the way!)
- seeing Athena walk by and smile outside the office while I was on a stressful conference call
- Nutella, Runts candy, and Nerds candy--(I never said I was NOT an emotional eater)
- listening to the sermon from 8/3/08--to remind me, to help me....http://nscoc.org/resources/sermons.html
Hope you are finding joy in the "ordinary" and "everyday!"



No comments:
Post a Comment