
Today marks day 8 of no bottle for Archer.
My goal was to have him weaned from the bottle by April 7th (15 months)..so we made it!
He dropped his evening bottle first, but the nap times were hardest! He loves a bottle before a nap. We started a couple of weekends ago--just distracting him with other things, and giving him the milk in his Nuby sippy cup. He went down to 1 bottle a day quickly, and then would go 2-3 days before having one. He was cranky, but overall it was much easier than I had anticipated.
Honestly, this step makes me a little sad. It's just another step in him "growing up," and I guess I'd like to deny that my baby is turning into a toddler! I am proud of my little guy for letting go of his precious bottle though!
Big dates for Archer: Weaned from Nursing: 12/26/08; Weaned from bottle: 3/26/09



2 comments:
Wow! What a big boy! We didn't wean Hudson off his bottle until around 21 months.
Congrats on this next milestone!
You are too nice. I packed up the bottles on Landry's first birthday and she sat in her high chair and watched all teary eyed. She's using the cups with the straws now!!
Post a Comment