Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Toddler Prayers


Before bedtime I say a prayer for Elle while cradling her in my arms. I don't know how much longer she'll let me do that, but I love it. She likes to say her own prayer after that, and it usually goes something like this,
Dea-uh God
Tank you for
Daddy, Awwcher,
Aunt Timmie,
Uncle Wooley,
Milk.
In Geeesus
name,
Amen.

It's very precious, and it ALWAYS starts with Daddy and Archer, and has a variation of other family and friends after that (Aunt Tiffany, Athena, Drew, Aunt Kimmie (or Timmie!), Uncle Willie (or Wooley!), Gavin, Garret, her friend Jacob, her teacher at Sunset Ridge bible class -Ms. Patty, Memaw, Randmothers (Grandmother), Frankie, Jay, Aunt Jeanne (Aunt Neenee) and many more. In months of prayer, mommy has only been said about 3 times total. It's okay -I remember when Archer prayed for fish before mommy.

Part of her prayer last night was very funny. It's especially funny if you know about my Mom and her addiction to diet coke, how my kids are addicted to milk.

Tank you
for
Awwcher's milk,
Ellde's milk,
and
Memaw's milk -
no,
tank you
for Memaw's coke.

Love this girl's gratitude, not only for her own milk - but for Memaw's coke!

1 comment:

Yard Sale Mommy said...

Hi Tara!! You won the Magic Tree House books over at Yardsalemommy.blogspot.com! please send me your full name and address at yardsalemommy@gmail.com. Thanks for entering and I like your blog!!I also have a daughter named Elle. Check back tomorrow for a new giveaway!