Saturday, January 7, 2012

my boy


my boy turned four today
it was a day of ordinary
and a day of extraordinary

many funny comments made
by this growing boy

creating fun memories
with family

holding his hand walking to Memaw's
house past bedtime, because I
promised him earlier today
that he could go there for a bit -
and the day got busy and flew by

Sea Island for dinner
cake and ice cream with the family
presents (lots of "I LOVE it and I can't believe it comments)
tiny (big) feet learning to pedal
a spiderman tricycle in the dark
on the sidewalk
guided by daddy,
cheered on by many.

a lovely day to turn four,
and an even lovelier day to
be mama to a precious
four year old -
I love you
worlds and worlds
full my sweet boy.

1 comment:

The Young Family said...

Happy birthday Archer!