Monday, November 19, 2012

Questions and Quotes

I can't believe it's Thanksgiving week -
how is it that the older I get the faster time
seems to go by?
my sweethearts - this time last year
11-2011



This is my random post - 
not enough time to expand on much,
but wanted to jot down a couple of things
in this "baby" book.

A couple of months ago we stopped to get
donuts to share with the class that Dan is teaching at church-
since we've been Paleo (or mostly) for a year now,
donuts aren't a common occurrence for our kids -
as evidenced by their reactions.

"IS IT MY BIRTHDAY???"
"IS IT A SPECIAL VACATION???"

So funny.  I will say that since we pick up donuts now on Sundays,
they get them every Sunday - we just don't think it's fun
to make them smell the tastiness, and not get them some too:-)

I asked the kids what they wanted to add to our Thanksgiving
meal menu.  Their responses?  

Archer:  Pughetti (spaghetti)
Elle: Noodles

Dan made them spaghetti for Easter this year, so I think
it's a new holiday tradition.  They don't have noodles
very often, so it's a fun and tasty tradition!

I seriously love the curious questions kids ask.  At dinner
the other day, Archer said - "daddy, I want to ask you something."
It sounded pretty serious, so we tried not to chuckle when he said
"do apes have tails?"

He asked me a question the other day, that I didn't know the answer
to - and when I said "I don't know," he suggested we google it.


No comments: