Monday, February 9, 2009

Shrimp, Stride and Ride, and Ear Infections (the weekend recap)

Just wanted to document a few things, so I'll remember (as you may recall I don't have a baby book for Archer--this is it:-):

Friday Archer was feeling bad, so I took off and made another dr appt for him. On the way to the dr (his first ride in his big boy car seat) we stopped for Chinese food--his first taste.

He loves egg drop soup, chicken chow mein, and shrimp (his first taste of shrimp)! I'm so glad he likes this type of food, as it's my favorite. Although Dan and I much prefer the traditional--dim sum--type Chinese food, so we'll have to see soon if Archer likes that too.

The doctor confirmed another ear infection in his left ear. More antibiotics, and more ear drops! I'm so fortunate to have some ear drops left from last time. My insurance plan changed this year, and all medication goes to deductible--curious how much a little tiny bottle of pain relief ear drops cost? Two hundred dollars! Yes, that's right...$200! Wow.

Saturday morning he seemed to be feeling ok--so we headed out to join Drew and Athena at Northstar Mall for the Muscular Dystrophy Association's Stride and Ride. Drew's family and friends had a big group to support his brother, Jorie--they call it "Jorie's Hope for a Cure."
We got there a little late, but were able to join in for part of the walk, and then enjoy all of the characters--including the HEB Buddy, and the Chik Fil A cow. Archer was apprehensive (he was clinging on to Athena), but also wanted to touch the characters. He got a high five from the HEB Buddy, and touched the Chik Fil A cow's nose. It was pretty cute--but I did not have my camera:-(.

Memaw and Grandmother hung out with Archer last night so Dan and I could go out for his (early) birthday dinner. We went to Canyon Cafe and had a great time.

No comments: