Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hurry, Hurry

Hurry, hurry I said
although we had nowhere
important to go,
no clock to watch
I just wanted to get
where we were going.

Hurry, hurry says the world
Hurry to make more money
Hurry to get promoted
Hurry to your next destination.

The bible says
Hurry to sacrifice
Hurry to help others
Hurry to live for God.

My 2 year old now knows
what hurrying means, but
not really for the right
reason--it was just because
I wanted to get
where we were going.

Lord teach me to teach
my children to hurry to You,
to love You, to live for You
and to serve others.

3 comments:

Jayme said...

Thanks for the reminder! I often find myself saying, "We need to hurry because we're running late to..." It's so easy to get wrapped up in nothing that we forget about what's really important!

The Young Family said...

Needed that gentle reminder today!

krazy karen said...

SO True!!! Thank you for that!