Some things I want to remember:
- at 4 months I had an outpatient procedure, and we began supplementing with formula
- it was recommended that I stop nursing at that time, due to a medication that I should take (reflux), but I wasn't ready to stop
- I'm glad I did not stop, because I think nursing was helpful when she had RSV, her stomach virus, etc.
- We thought she had problems with dairy (like Archer did-stopped eating dairy for the entire year of nursing with him) so I avoided dairy for a bit, until I realized she could tolerate it
- she hated the Playtex drop in bottles at first, and we eventually got her to take NUK bottles
- She was a great nurser from the day she was born
- I stopped pumping on 3/17, but continued to nurse on nights and weekends
- breastfeeding was less painful the 2nd time around!
- I feel blessed that I was able to nurse her for a year (almost), and the same with Archer-I know this is not possible for everyone, and am very fortunate!



1 comment:
Wow you gave up milk for a whole year? Good for you! Some days I can't wait to be finished nursing but most of the time I'm glad I am doing it this time around. It was so, so, so hard with Morgandy. That's great that you've been able to nurse both your kids for a year each!
Post a Comment