Archer has another ear infection, and this time it is a bad one--the ear drum looks "weepy" like it almost busted. Poor little guy!
We are having a hard time giving him the medicine (had problems in the past too), as he gags on it. He gets really worked up and cries for a long time afterward (either way-if we are able to get it down or not), so the doctor's office suggested mixing it in with something.
He normally drinks Soy Milk, and I mixed some medicine in his cup this morning--he said "is this cow's milk? I not like it." Smart cookie!
We are planning to make an appointment with an ENT, so I see tubes in his future.
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
We had the same problem with Shawn taking his medicine. It seemed like no matter what I mixed it with he would detect the medicine. The only thing he'll drink the medicine with is V8 Splash Mixed Berry blend. I mix the medication with a very little bit of juice and put a silly straw in the cup. Then I put some water in the medicine syringe and offer him either the juice or the "medicine." He picks the juice every time. Then it's his choice and he's not being "forced" to take medicine. We've been taking the medicine with the V8 Splash twice a day for the last month with no tears from Shawn or Mommy. Good luck.
I got on to make the comment that Jayme had the same troubles with Shawn but I see she already left you a message! Isn't blog world great for advice and support from other moms? I love it. Hope he gets better soon!
Get the tubes!!! You will be SO GLAD that you did!
Post a Comment