
I took Archer on a birthday date - just the 2 of us on Friday, his actual birthday.
We started out the morning at - as he calls it - "Bull Muller," his favorite breakfast spot. After way too much sausage and syrup, he said he wanted to go see some animals. Off to Polly's pet shop for some fun, free entertainment - parrots, snakes, lizards, puppies, fish, and more - he loved it all. I think this was his favorite part of the day.
After that we headed to the mall for a visit to the candy store. He picked out green jelly beans and purple jelly beans, topped off with a Cherry icee. His favorite part at the mall? Riding the escalator! My favorite part? The dancing solo he treated me too - in the middle of the mall seating area - to such fun Musak as "Viva Las Vegas."
We then went to see Yogi Bear at the movie theater (his 2nd trip ever). On the way I coached him not to talk during the movie (at home if we watch something - it is constant questions all the way through) - I shouldn't have worried. We were the only 2 in the theater, so talking during the movie was okay! The highlight for me? The dancing he performed after the movie to the music during the credits.
It was an awesome day. We don't often spend time just the 2 of us, and I loved every minute. I think Archer did too - he said at the mall, "I like sitting here with you and spending the day with you."
I'm enjoying this age (even with the fits) - he's learned so much and gotten an even bigger personality over the last couple of months.
Happy Birthday, Buddy! Mommy loved our special day together - I love you worlds and worlds full!



3 comments:
What a special day!
how fun! i love days that i get to spend with just 1 kid on their own.
side note: Jonas calls the escalator the "estimater"!
Happy birthday Archer!! How fun! LOVE date days with the kiddos!
Post a Comment