Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Worth Watching/Reading/Listening

Worth Watching

Some of you might have heard the story of George Muller - and his incredible story of faith. He lived in the 1800s, and started one of the first orphan care ministries. The 2 parts of the story that I find so incredible? If you had met him early in his life - you'd definitely have said he was unlikely to play that important role. The most incredible part - is his faith. He relied on God to provide - instead of asking others for what he needed. If you have an hour - I highly recommend watching this 6 part series on youtube. I spread it out over several days - so if you have 10 minutes, here's the first part of the journey.


Worth Reading
One of the most powerful books I read last year was The Hole in the Gospel by Richard Stearns. I picked up the gem at Family Christian Book Store for 5.00 - and it was very well spent! Lara at The Farmers Wife Tells All is hosting a giveaway of the book right now - click HERE for more details.

She also has a review and a commentary on the book if you'd like to read more about it.

Worth Listening

A few months ago Kristen at We Are That Family shared a song I'd never heard before called, Albertine. You can listen to the song HERE , but I encourage you to listen to the powerful story behind the song as well by watching the video below.



No comments: