Wednesday, January 5, 2011

a messy slate

photo credit afeatheredtar

2010 was a messy slate.
Some WAY ups
and some WAY downs.
more UPs then downs
more Happy Endings
than Sad.
more Love than not.
Richly Blessed - yes.
Through Both the UPs
and downs.
my love's hand in mine
through it all.
and slobbery kisses goodnight
from our little zoo.
We navigate the swerves,
the hills and valleys,
learning to trust Him.
To lean on Him.
To love like Him.
In 2011 I have a blank slate.
the messy slate still factors in.
the lessons and experiences
of last year - turning those into
action for this year.
This slate?
I want colored chalk.
I'll color
healthier choices.
I'll color
intention.
I'll color
action.
I'll color
love and compassion.
It won't all
be pretty
but the
messy slates
of our lives
are wiped clean
by Him.
I want
to make
this slate
count.

How will you color your slate this year?

1 comment:

BreastCancerSisterhood.com said...

Hi Sweet Tara,
Thank you for coming to James' memorial service. It touched me deeply. Now I know about your blog! I look forward to reading more. Yes, please keep me in your prayers.

XOXOXO,
Brenda