Friday, August 19, 2011

Joyful Moments

Brother and Sister -I love their love for each other!

It's so easy to get caught up in the everyday worries, annoyances, and stresses of everyday life. I find that when I do that - it's likely because I'm not writing down (or at least stopping and acknowledging) the everyday joys of life as well.

Here are just a few recent joyful moments (among the everyday worries:-):

  1. Hearing Archer say, "I'm sad, I miss Elle." They had only been apart a couple of hours.
  2. Running and playing in the sprinklers with the kids - and their shouts of glee that mommy was participating and getting messy.
  3. Spring Roll making lessons from Taren, and sharing time with Ruth, Mona, and Vivi too.
  4. Hearing of a success for Dan at work
  5. Sharing challenging thoughts with a group of ladies at church
  6. Getting spoiled by some surprises from my mom and grandmother
  7. Seeing some radish sprouts pop up from the dirt.
  8. Getting a text from Athena that she made it back safely from her trip to CA.
  9. Seeing a great idea that my friend had, coming together -in the form of an Artisan Fair to benefit Jeremiah's Hope- an Orphan Care ministry
  10. Seeing precious posts of this boy - meeting his family for the first time!
There are more - when I type them out, more come to mind - and I'm reminded that joy is all around us - if we take the time to seek it out.

No comments: