Wednesday, August 24, 2011
He Says, part 3 (surgery+more)
Archer had an endoscopy last Friday, as he has complained about tummy pain for as long as I can remember. Dr. E is so great with Archer- and good news - everything checked out normally! He is testing for some food allergies (gluten, etc) and we should know more on that soon.
They let us go back in the room with him as they gave him the anesthesia. He had been a trooper until that point - just complaining that he was thirsty. Oh, and he did tell the nurses he DID NOT want to wear the gown, so they let him skip it.
As they were having him breathe in the anesthesia gas Archer was saying, "That's not nice!" very loudly and kicking and hitting - so we all had to hold him down. The nurses said - he is a fighter! He was hitting the anesthesiologists hands and struggling - but it didn't take long for him to fall asleep and start snoring super loudly. It was rough to watch.
The procedure was only 20 minutes, and coming out of the anesthesia was rough for him. The nurse said in about 30 minutes he'll start saying yes instead of no- and she was right! He started getting happier by the time Dr. E gave him an orange popsicle.
He says, part 3 (part 1 here, part 2 here)...
In the picture above -
Archer said: "Can I keep her forever?"
I answered: "She'll always be your baby sister."
Last night -
Archer said: "Mommy, do you love Jesus?"
I answered: "Yes, I do."
Archer said: "I do too, he's in our hearts."
He'll say things like that at what seems like the most random times - and I love that he is always thinking and inquiring. He is always full of questions - I recorded a 30 second clip of him the other night sitting next to Dan, watching Dan play a game. I think he asked 8 questions in 30 seconds:-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I hope you get some answers soon about his poor tummy! If it turns out to be food allergies, let me know. We're experts. :)
Post a Comment