Thursday, November 10, 2011

An Orphan Sunday story...


We recognized Orphan Sunday at church this week - and I am so glad.

I have some highlights that I'll share in another post, but first, I wanted to capture a view into a child's heart - to them the answers are so simple. Maybe the answers are more simple than we think.

Don't we over complicate answers? I know I do. Solutions? Complicated. Our answers? Maybe shouldn't be.

I asked Archer to pick a card (children from the Heart Gallery of San Antonio), so we could pray for a child.

He chose a girl named Alyssa.

I told him she didn't have a mommy and a daddy - and that we will pray for her to find a family.

He answered, "Well, maybe - maybe we could take care of her."

I suggested he pray about it.

And he did. He is. He has prayed that he can take care of her, and that he'll know the right kind of food to feed her. He prayed for the boy, Jason, on the card Elle chose - that Elle would know the right kind of food to feed him. He is praying for Alyssa without me reminding him.

Oh, how I love his heart. I wanted to write it down - so he'll know someday that his compassionate heart started when he was very, very young.

But Jesus said, “Let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children.” Matthew 19:14

1 comment:

Claire & Eden said...

this is BEAUTIFUL... faith like a child and yes, as we get older I think we complicate things. The girls have been praying too for our kids. Thanks for all your help on Orphan Sunday! Praying hearts were touched in one way or another!