Monday, July 20, 2009

Just the 3 of us...


Dan and I took off work on Friday, so we could have a fun day out--just the 3 of us, before we become the 4 of us. It was super enjoyable--and I didn't take many pictures.

I'm trying to learn to soak up the moment, instead of focusing on capturing a picture of the moment. (not that I ever get around to posting many pics on this blog anyway!)

Daddy had a meeting in the morning, so the 2 of us went for donuts. Archer was fascinated with the bell that would ring everytime someone went through the drive-thru at Shipleys.

The 3 of us headed downtown for lunch--to The Rainforest Cafe. It was beautiful! From our seats we could see real fish and fake: butterflies, monkeys, parrots, toucans, apes. Archer was fascinated at first, then got a little scared after seeing the fake snake. After spending some time in Daddy's arms he became more comfortable and got in the highchair to enjoy his lunch, and dance to the fun music that was playing on the speakers.

After lunch, we went to NorthStar Mall. Stride Rite was the first stop--for some new shoes.

Then, we headed to Build A Bear, and Archer created this guy--meet Powell the Owl!


I'm not sure I've mentioned Archer's love of birds on this blog before--but he loves all birds real or fake. He loves books about birds, watching for birds out the window from his highchair, searching for birds as we are driving down the road, etc. He chose the owl out of all the options to stuff at Build a Bear.

We put one sound of an owl "hooting" in one leg, and one sound of a heartbeat--it is actually Archer's heartbeat that we had the doctor record when he was in the womb:-)

When it was time to kiss the heart before the "stuffing" process, Archer gave it a good lick instead of a kiss!

It was a totally fun day, so glad I got to spend it with my 2 favorite guys!

2 comments:

The Young Family said...

They were made for each other!! Landry loves birds, too!!

Claire & Eden said...

What a special day and memory!! So glad you got to spend it with just the 3 of you