I read somewhere that kids will typically try any food - if it's served on a stick.
Archer loves fruits and vegetables, but is hesitant to try new ones. He had not tried brussel sprouts before - so I thought I better get creative. I had some lollipop (or cake pop) plastic sticks on hand. I served the brussel sprouts with a stick in the top.
He still seemed skeptical, but when we showed him it looked like a lollipop he was sold! He had 4 or 5 - he kept asking for more.
I just wanted to share this idea - hope it helps someone!
Now, if I can just figure out how to serve water on a stick;-) (maybe a plain "popsicle?") - my boy just loves to drink milk, but not much else.
Archer loves fruits and vegetables, but is hesitant to try new ones. He had not tried brussel sprouts before - so I thought I better get creative. I had some lollipop (or cake pop) plastic sticks on hand. I served the brussel sprouts with a stick in the top.
He still seemed skeptical, but when we showed him it looked like a lollipop he was sold! He had 4 or 5 - he kept asking for more.
I just wanted to share this idea - hope it helps someone!
Now, if I can just figure out how to serve water on a stick;-) (maybe a plain "popsicle?") - my boy just loves to drink milk, but not much else.



2 comments:
Landry hasn't eaten a fruit or a vegetable since she was 10 months old. oh how I wish I could trick her!
Great idea!! the girls are very excited about trying the brussel sprouts that we just bought yesterday =) I think I should try this just in case they change their minds when they actually see and smell them!! Maybe Neil will eat them on a stick?
Post a Comment