Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday Favorites




friday favorite things | finding joy

totally unrelated
photos, except
that they also bring me joy


my favorites this week?

seeing Archer play with his cousin Mason (3.5 yrs)

seeing Elle hug on her cousin Duncan (4 months)

watching the boys play together - bringing back fun memories of me playing
at the same age with my cousins

catching up with my cousin and aunt

unexpected visits from Drew and Athena

chopping veggies for taco salad

archery in the backyard

hearing Elle say "thank you, Bubba" and "no, thank you" unprompted
at dinner last night

hearing Elle sing a song, and realizing she was singing the Barney song all
the way through when she walked over to hug me at the
"a great big hug" part

hearing Archer scream with joy and run to me when I
picked him up after work

making crafty things

a Thai food dinner with my 3 favorite people

hearing fun stories about my Dad's childhood from my cousin
(as relayed to her by her Dad)

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

seeing Frankie unexpectedly for a minute today

inspired by Rachel's Friday Favorites
at finding joy
and I'm also
Counting to 1,000
inspired by Ann's book

3 comments:

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Love your Friday favorites!!

There is something really beautiful about chopped veggies. And chopped veggies for tacos? Even better. :)

One of my favorite foods is Thai. Yummo. And I love it that it is very often gluten free.

Thanks for doing a Friday Favorites! I was blessed reading your list!

Rachel
{would you mind adding your bloggy link to my linky list? I'd love to build momentum for the joy!}

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Tara, my blogging friend!

Thanks for adding your linky! I am SO grateful. And again, grateful for your list of favorites. I was blessed reading it again.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

Rachel

thatgirlblogs said...

sometimes the little things are the big things :)