Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fly Away (Sarah, 3 years ago)

Sarah and Darien at the Zoo, 2002
Zoo, 2002
Sarah and Darien, the day they moved in with us -
note the little stuffed animal in Sarah's hand-
Darien was totally attached to that toy!

********
*******
We sang
the old hymn
"I'll Fly Away,"
at church on
Sunday.

It was interesting timing -
and gave me a new
picture in my mind -
of Sarah flying.

Until now, I'd been
picturing her walking,
dancing, or running -
a beautiful image,
because before she left
this life she
was in a wheelchair.

That hymn?
Made me think -
not only can she run,
walk, and dance now-
she can fly.

Oh my friend,
fly!

My breath still catches
in my throat when I want
to call and tell you about
an idea, tell you a story,
or share a picture.

Now?
I've realized -
I can still share it
with you,
and you'll
watch over
along the way.

I miss you,
but rejoice
that you are
indeed
flying.

"I'll fly away, oh Glory
I'll fly away in the morning
When I die Hallelujah, by and by
I'll fly away"

2 comments:

Sara said...

That's beautiful.

myra said...

So beautiful.