I read a story recently of an senior citizen who asked someone at her church to get her the names and pictures of 10 orphans so she could pray for them specifically by name. She began praying, and then began sharing the photos with her friends. Many, many in her group began praying for the orphans. Those orphans will likely never know about that sweet lady - but I'm confident their lives will feel the impact - at some point, by her prayers.
If you are interested in praying for orphans specifically by name, here are some sites:
Adopt US Kids
Watoto
No Hands But Ours
Reece's Rainbow
If you are interested in praying for widows, here is a site:
Wiphan
Here is a prayer that was written for Orphan Sunday:
Prayers for Orphans
Our prayers only cost our time - what seems like such a small thing, but it will have a greater impact than any other way of giving - and what potential for impact!
The numbers of orphans are immense, but the number of believers is larger.
I know I have just a handful of readers - mostly family - (Hi mom!), but I'm hoping this departure -from my normal Archer and Elleana photos- will touch someone.
True religion is this, caring for widows and orphans in their distress and keeping oneself from being polluted by the world. James 1:27
Monday, December 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Love it.
Post a Comment