Monday, December 27, 2010

The Sweetest Christmas "Present" this Year

I mentioned in an earlier post that Archer thought we should have cake to celebrate the birthday of Jesus. The 2 of us baked a cake on Christmas evening. He helped me crack the eggs into the cake, and grease the pan. He really loves to stand on a chair and help me bake. As we were making the cake, he said "thank you for making this cake mommy." The sweetest moment? We were washing the egg off of our hands and I was kissing the top of his sweet little head - and he said "you are a great mommy." And then my heart melted into a puddle.

Most days my temper is too short, I get frustrated too easily - I could go on...

My son? He gives me grace, and gives me (undeserved) praise. Very sweet, indeed.