Wednesday, December 15, 2010

(everyday) Gifts

t My mom (see gift 5),
me,
and Turtle Dove (see gift 3)
7.4.2010


I found some gifts in my day today. Or in other words, a rambling post from Tara.

Gift #1 - I went to see Darien perform in a school choir concert tonight. He had a speaking part - and then sang along with his class.

Elle was there dancing, and clapping, and saying "Yay!" loudly at each pause, Archer was there soaking it all in, my mom was there too. We are so proud of Darien, and know his mama would be very proud too!

I was telling Mona, Sarah's aunt, that you never know how much pictures will be treasured - Gift #2 I found one from Halloween 2004 of Sarah and Darien earlier today. Photos capture moments that will never happen again, help you remember memories - I am still trying to find the balance on when to snap the photos and when to just soak up the moment - both are important.

Gift #3 Realizing that 2 years ago today (on the 2nd day of Christmas) I found out we were expecting our little Turtle Dove.

Gift #4 A son who cracks me up. I told him to avert his eyes when he commented that he DID NOT want to see the Christmas lights. He responded - puzzled - "BURP my eyes?!" He also sang loudly on the way home - why? Because that's how Darien sang, and he wants to sing like Darien from now on. He also sang a version of ABCs at dinner "ERS ABC," because that's how the kids at church sing it? And Spiderman - he has claws? I'll stop for now, but I'll just say that his personality gets BIGGER by the day.

Gift #5 Hanging out with my mom tonight. She is the best mom - and Memaw ever. And she is always up for a Baskin-Robbins run, even if that means my kiddos steal bites of her ice cream.

Gift #6
GPS on Dan's phone. It rocks. I might need a phone that has GPS, or that MIGHT be a bad idea since I always lose my phone (usually once a week), but I think my phone might REALLY be lost this time - haven't seen it in a month. SO, if you need to reach me - call Dan's phone;-)

Gift #7 Hearing my husband working in the garage on a special Christmas present for the aforementioned gift #4.

Gift #8 Walking next door for my lunch break - to eat Pizza with my grandmother, mom, and my kiddos.

It was a good day.

No comments: