
I'm so thankful God fills in the gaps of my way less than perfect parenting skills.
Archer got an "owie" near bed time last night. A scrape on his knee.
He was so upset, and I wasn't as compassionate as
I should have been (and I beat myself up about it all last night)-
but -
I prayed with him that God would help his owie get better.
I went in to check on him about an
hour after he fell asleep and he was talking in
his sleep saying "better, and better, and better."
This morning when he woke up -
he didn't think of his impatient mommy first
(and hopefully he's forgotten about it),
he said, "Mommy, I have an owie. God made my owie better."
So thankful for His grace, and the grace of my son.
Sharing on this blog
that I'm impatient with my kids
when I shouldn't be
isn't fun, but
I want to them to know (when
they read this someday)
that prayer is the most important
parenting tool.
I need to use that tool more often.



1 comment:
Add the book, "The Power of a Praying Parent" to your list. You still have many years until teenagers, but you are so right we should use it more often! Love you!
Post a Comment