
04.04.2011

Both of us took a vacation day on the 4th.
It would have been Sarah's birthday.
I enjoyed spending time the 4 of us,
and not having to solve any problems for work:-)
We went to the "jumping place" (as Archer calls it)
for the first time.
Elle loved it, although she was fighting some ear pain again.
It took Archer a minute to warm up to it, but as you can
tell from the pictures he enjoyed it too.
Up and down, up and down.
An interesting parallel to the grief journey.
The next day I met up
with Sarah's family
at the graveside.
We had our 2nd party there with Sarah's
favorite candy, Twizzlers (when she was pregnant
she used to eat these with mashed potatoes!),
and a toast with her
favorite wine.
Darien led us in Happy Birthday
and You are my Sunshine.
I was glad to see everyone, and to catch up
with her brother and sister a bit.
She'd be so proud of them!
I was so touched to hear
Mighty to Save on the radio on
my way home - long story,
but that is the main song that
has touched me on this grief journey.
Love how God cares about the details.



No comments:
Post a Comment