Sunday, September 7, 2008

8 months old today...

Where does the time go? Our baby boy is growing up.

He said "mama" today! Here is the sad story...

Our church nursery has pagers (like when you wait for a table at a restaurant) to call the moms if babies are hungry, etc. I was in class, and one of the awesome nursery volunteers came to get me--they had paged me several times, but the pager did not work. Also, I forgot to to write down what class I was attending (new classes started today), so they had to search for me!

By the time I got to the nursery they had found my mom, and she had a hungry Archer in her arms....he was crying and the nursery volunteer said "see, he's crying for mama," I said "he's never said mama before"--then I concentrate on Archer's crying, and he repeated it, "mama" it was very clear!

So his first time saying mama was screaming for me...poor baby!

This is my translation--what I think he was saying....

"mama" why have you abandoned me?

"Mama!" I'm starving, why aren't you feeding me?

"MAMA!!!" hurry please

Not how I pictured hearing mama the first time, but I must admit (even though he was crying) it was a beautiful sound.

Happy 8 months, little pumpkin!

1 comment:

The Young Family said...

Landry did that for her daddy a while back when I put her to bed. We heard dada, dada, dada through the monitor. It was such a pityful scream. They'll be grown before we know it.