Monday, September 8, 2008

Solid Foods....

Archer's diet has expanded over the last couple of months:
-rice cereal
-squash
-carrots
-avacado
-sweet potatoes
-bananas
-peas (not his favorite!)
He loves the sweet potatoes, and the bananas the most!
We are going to move on to more "finger" type foods sometime in the near future--what is a good beginner finger food? Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I'm trying to remember what we started Hudson on....puffs and cheerios. Baby diced carrots and green beans were very good - the gerber graduates are SUPER soft - I just cut them into even smaller pieces. I introduced a lot of foods with one of those mesh bag eating things...just put chunks of fruit/veg into it and let them gnaw on it...feels great on their gums and they get to taste new foods w/o the choking hazard.

As far as other foods...Gerber puffs were a huge hit at our house, as were cheerios and kix.

myra said...

Nilla wafers were a huge hit in our house as were those Gerber puffs. It's so fun to see them try new things!

The Young Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Young Family said...

So I typed this big long note and then it didn't save. Landry's favorite is Club Crackers. They melt in their mouth so you don't have to worry about choking. She's going through a pack every couple of days. She also loves Cheerio's. Other things she is eating now is mini Nilla wafers, Ritz mini's with cheese, gold fish (I would wait on these until he's used to the other things.) Those gerber puffs are great, too. i just bought 2 cans over the weekend (Wal-Mart Brand). She loved them. We have the mesh bags but Landry will only eat raspberries in them, she loves them. She really likes banana pudding, too. mashed potatoes, if whipped not chunky