My wedding day....we planned it in 24 hours--I say we, because truly it could not have been done without the help of our awesome family and friends. It was the 3rd wedding we "planned" as we had originally planned to get married in Vermont, and then changed it to the Ben E. Keith ranch in Llano, Texas. I am confident that neither of those venues could have been more beautiful a wedding than the one we got together in 24 hours, and had in the backyard of the home I grew up in...
My Dad did not look like his "normal" self on this day--he had lost a lot of weight, but miraculously (thank you God!) felt good on this day. Good enough to walk me "down the aisle" and to attend our reception at our favorite Chinese restaurant. He was his "normal" self--and even gave a speech at the restaurant. I can't remember everything he said. I do remember he said that family is SO important, and that he has great brothers. He was right, as usual.
Family.



I love this last one. I was standing in front of them holding my cousin's precious month old baby, Hattie. My Dad told Dan's mom, Eva. "We are going to have beautiful grandchildren someday."
Right Again, Dad...You were right, again.




1 comment:
Okay, I almost started crying when I read this, especially about the "we'll have beautiful grandkids someday" part! I have nightmares about losing my mother and I just know that my whole world would stop. I think this blog is a great way to remember your dad. That story about Toby Keith sure is neat! I always liked that song too.
Post a Comment