Friday, October 21, 2011

Today's Thankfuls


-my kids dancing on the Chipotle patio last night!
-Archer getting upset when Elle didn't want to dance (slow dance) with him, and saying he couldn't dance by himself - so I got up and slow danced with my son on the patio - awesome!
-going shopping at Academy for all our camping stuff, and the thoughtfulness of my husband in every choice
-watching him pack us up and get us ready for our first family camping trip!
-reading the bible out loud to Archer (way past his bedtime) last night - he'd pick a page and I'd read - he told Daddy, I'll come over there for a minute, but then mommy needs to read me more words.
-asking him who loves him more than mommy, and hearing him say daddy, LOL! I said no, I mean God. He said, "I can't hear God talking right now." I told him if you can't hear him talking - he will talk to you through his word - the Bible. I asked him what that says - he said "I love you." Smart boy.
-a morning walk with Elle (Archer said he was too cold!) to look for the deer again - no deer this morning, but a cute little cottontail bunny, so we weren't disappointed.
-seeing Grandpa out for his walk as I took the kids to Memaw's house (how many kids can say they see one grandparent while walking to the other grandparent's house? such a blessing)
-a breakfast invitation from my precious niece
-KLOVE music - latest favorites, Courageous, Cry out to Jesus, Your Hands, and Beautiful (this song by MercyMe ALWAYS makes me think of my Ashlee and Athena)
-birds chirping outside my office window
-learning that with gratitude-comes peace and joy
-how Elle wants me to sing The Lion Sleeps Tonight over and over - and cracks up everytime
-how she asks me to sing "Night Night Sweetheart" over and over too
-Elle's joy
-Archer's compassion
-my mom bringing me grapes from Sams (the tastiest by far) - and how she is so selfless in everything she does
-how Grandmother knows exactly which toys the kids will get attached to - she is so thoughtful and always finds just what they'll enjoy
-hearing Dan tell Archer stories, I think Dan's creative storytelling is why Archer is so imaginative
-books!
-my coworker friends
-instant message
-texts from Dan about the latest scientific discoveries, or just funny things he's found
-choosing Archer and Elle's Christmas presents (still need to order Elle's, but Archer's is in my mom's garage!)
-shopping at HEB with my family

No comments: